Saturday 10 January 2009

The Gun and The White Pigeon

Have anyone paying attention to the news lately? You must have heard about the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. What d'you think bout it? I personally have many opinion about it, and since it's my habit to express my feelings and thought everywhere, I want to write about it here. I'm a type of person who really care about the well being of mankind, and I think this world is really rotten. I just have a slight hope that this simple article can change the dark reality of humanity.

Ever since the time I barely remember in my mind, I always see a world stained with blood. Unfortunately, it is the world where I live in. I have seen atrocities all around the world, some of them were real experiences. I remember rushing to airport when local coup d'etat strike. Or I remember the fear seeing news of Iranian missiles that about to strike American naval base in the Red Sea nearby me. I just imagined, how it would feel for the Middle Eastern people, sulking in the corner in fear of something that they can't prevent: death. Why people always use violence in order to gain something, when others watching hopelessly to their tragic death? The world really is rotten. No, it's not the world which is rotten, it's humanity. Humans are violent creatures, exactly true, but we also understand love and peace. It's our emotion that hindering us from our own virtue. The root of the problem is ourselves. I believe that society is suffering from a social schadenfreude (a state of emotion when we feel happy seeing others' misfortune). Seeing others in pain is somehow natural for human, as we can see from the joy of watching gladiator or even tragic comedy. We even sometimes want to torture our hated ones. It is natural, yes (even I experienced it), but that is the root of violence in this world. It raised a questionable question: Why can't we be tolerant?

This article may sound really idealistic, but this is the fact of mankind. I found it really funny when I saw a poster or something that advertising for worldwide peace. They shout for peace, but at the same time, they raise their gun, in the name of obtaining peace. It's really stupid, they were contradicting themselves. You can't fight fire with fire. They use violence for abolishing violence. Of course they won't succeed. This paradox is main problem of this world. Why don't they just finish it by shaking hand, not firefight? Humans are really childish, you know.

Again I say, this may sound really idealistic, but I wrote this based on my observation and my own opinion about my own race. I'm a human, yet I'm sick of humanity. It's contradictory, even for myself. I just hope that in any way, I could change the world to a better place. It's a child dream, but it's what humanity truly want. I really want to see a world where peace is restored. But at the same time, I think it's an impossible wish, just because we are human..

1 comment:

  1. Because we are human, that is the best part. The rest is up to you. You have the god give ability to bring about change. Find the courage within yourself and things will brighten up for you.
    HAVE FAITH.

    ReplyDelete