Thursday 25 December 2008

The Christmas Tree

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

In this very early morning of December 25th, I wishes you all who celebrates Christmas a Merry Christmas. May God bless you all..

Just got home from Christmas parties. I often sleep in my regular schedule, so it doesn't really bother me. Moreover, the atmosphere tonight makes me happy. I always liked Christmas. It's sweet. Ever since I was a child, Christmas gives me a sweet and warm feeling. It's not part of my religion's ritual, but it has become my culture (not my traditional culture either, don't get it wrong). It's my personal culture to celebrates Christmas with my family. I don't really close to my paternal family, but when Christmas come, we all there together under the Christmas tree, having dinner and exchanging presents. Sadly my half-siblings rarely present, but I'm still very happy, to be together with them. It's a kind of feeling that you won't get on anywhere else. But unfortunately, it can't happen anymore. It's mainly because of me, though. My two most beloved Christmas parties has been blown to pieces (not literally). I can no longer celebrates them. No more dinner, no more presents, and no more togetherness. It's all gone. Replaced by other parties, yes, lots of them actually. But those new parties are different, no togetherness. Isn't the meaning of Christmas is togetherness and cherishing each other? I have lost them. I have lost my Christmas.

But it's not only the Christmas tree that I longed for. I think it would feel better if I had mistletoe and holly, just to cover the emptiness of my decoration. Sadly, I don't have them all...yet

No comments:

Post a Comment